For determination of dry material content of liquid admixtures.
IS : 9103-1999- Concrete admixtures specification
Equipment & Apparatus
- 25 to 30 g of preheated, completely dry sand is placed in a wide mouth glass weighing bottle provided with ground glass stopper.
- The bottle with sand and stopper is placed in the electric oven and dried for 17±1/4 h at 105±20 C.
- The bottle with stopper is allowed to cool to room temperature and its weigh is recorded to nearest 0.001 g.
- The stopper is then removed and 4 ml of liquid is evenly distributed over the sand with the help of a pipette.
- The stopper is then inserted and the bottle and stopper is placed in the oven for 17±1/4 h at 105±20 C
- After drying it is cooled to room temperature and its weight is recorded to the nearest 0.001 g.
Weight of bottle and sand = W1
Weight of bottle, sand and sample = W2
Weight of sample = W2-W1
Weight of bottle, sand and dried residue = W3-W1
The result is reported to nearest whole number.
Safety & Precautions
- Use hand gloves while removing containers from oven after switching off the oven.
- Equipment should be cleaned thoroughly before testing & after testing.
- To check electric supply of the instrument.
- To wear safety shoes & aprons at the time of test.