For determination of relative density of liquid admixture.
IS : 9103-1999 – Concrete admixtures specification
Equipment & Apparatus
- Constant temperature bath
- Measuring cylinder(500 ml)
- About 400 ml of admixture is placed in a 500 ml graduated cylinder.
- The hydrometer is inserted into the cylinder. When it has reached the equilibrium the reading is taken at the bottom of the meniscus for transparent liquids or where the meniscus merges with the stem of the hydrometer for opaque liquids to report the relative density.
The result is reported to nearest whole number.
Safety & Precautions
- Use hand gloves & apron at the time of test.
- Equipment should be cleaned thoroughly before testing & after testing.
- To wear safety shoes at the time of test.