WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND LIMITATIONS OF SLUMP TEST?
Advantages of Slump Test
- It grants the facility to easily detect the difference in water content of successive batches of concrete of the same identical mix.
- The apparatus is cheap, portable and convenient to be used at site.
Limitation of Slump Test
- As such, there is no direct relationship between the workability and the value of slump.
- It is not suitable for a concrete in which maximum size of aggregate exceeds 40 mm.
- There are chances of many shapes of slump to occur and it is difficult to decide which is the correct value.
- The slump occurs only in case of plastic mixes. It does not occur in case of dry mixes.