For determination of bulk density of bricks
Equipment & Apparatus
- Oven (3000C)
- Balance (0-10kg)
- The brick is dried in a ventilated oven at a temperature of 1050 to 1150C till it attains substantially constant mass.
- The brick is then cooled to room temperature and its mass is recorded.(M)
- Then the dimensions of the brick is measured accurately and the volume is calculated.(V)
The bulk density is calculated as mass per unit volume
Bulk density is reported to the nearest decimal place
Safety & Precautions
- Use hand gloves while removing containers from oven after switching off the oven.
- To check electric supply
- Thoroughly cleaned & dried the container before testing.
- Special care should be taken that no outer air enters when using the balance.