When a calcined clay based Portland Pozzolana cement is tested for its physical requirements, then it must satisfy the following specifications given by IS 1489-Part 2.
- The fineness value of fly ash based PPC when tested by Blaine’s air permeability method shall not be less than 300 m2/kg.
- The expansion value (i.e. soundness) of unaerated cement when tested by Le-Chaelier method shall not be more than 10 mm and when tested by autoclave method shall not be more than 0.8%.
- Initial setting time shall not be less than 30 minutes.
- Final setting time shall not be more than 600 minutes.
- The average drying shrinkage of mortar bars prepared and tested in accordance with IS 4031 Part 10, shall not be more than 0.15%.
- The average compressive strength of at least 3 mortar cubes, when tested as per IS-4031-Part 6, shall be as follows.
||Compressive strength (MPa)
||72 ± 1 hour
||Not less than 16 Mpa
||168 ± 2 hour
||Not less than 22 Mpa
||672 ± 4 hour
||Not less than 33 Mpa