Advantages Of Concrete Curing Compound
Following are the advantages claimed for the curing compounds
- It permits early curing as they can be applied within about half an hour of casting after the bleeding water has evaporated and the glossy shine or brightness of water has disappeared.
- They are applied in a single operation and one can note that the entire area is covered. It aids in the quality control of concrete.
- They are available in the white and other solar reflective colours to achieve reduction of surface heat by reflectance.
- They are indispensable at places where there is acute shortage or non-availability of water.
- They are most suitable for large exposed areas like concrete roads, bridges, runways etc.
- They are useful in places which are either non-accessible or practically difficult to be cured like structures cast with slip forms, tall chimneys, cooling towers etc.
- They can be employed in case of overhead repairs where water curing is not feasible and can also affect the working conditions at its base.
- They prove to be economical for industries, manufacturing precast concrete pipes, poles, girders, tiles etc.