To measure flow value of concrete using flow table apparatus
- Flow table
- Slump cone shaped mould
- Wooden tamping bar
- Place the flow table on a leveled surface
- Clean the top of the table and inner surface of the mould using a damp cloth.
- Place the slump cone centrally on the table.
- Fill the slump cone with concrete in two equal layers and tamp each layer 10 times with the help of wooden tamping bar.
- After filling the mould, the concrete is struck off flush with the upper edge of the slump cone an the free area of the table top cleaned off.
- Half a minute after striking off the concrete, slowly raise the cone vertically using the handles.
- Then raise the table top by handle and allow it to fall 15 times in 15 seconds. The concrete spreads itself out.
- Measure the diameter of spread concrete in two dimensions parallel to the table edges.
The arithmetic mean of the two diameters shall be the measured flow in millimeters.