Prevention to Damage
Freshly laid concrete is liable to damage due to heavy impacts. In order to prevent damage:
- Floors should be covered in order to avoid surface damage
- Projecting ornamental members should be protected against falling material.
- Projecting reinforcing bars should not be used for climbing or subjected to severe usage.
- Stripping of forms through which reinforcement protrudes should be delayed until the time; there is no damage to bondage.
- Back filling of earth against concrete structures should be done when concrete has sufficiently hardened and strong enough to carry the loads.